Monday, February 9, 2009

Bruce and Elena wedding

Well all my readers, the day finally came. Elena and my wedding.
As many know, to do anything official in the Philippines there are many papers and forms and then copies, copies and more copies.

Last January, while in Manila, we went to the U.S. Embassy and received my “Capacity for Marriage”. This is a document from the U.S. saying I have no marriage ties and free to marry here in the Philippines.

Then about 3 months ago we went to City Hall to find out what we need to get our Marriage License. From me we only needed copies of my passport, the form from the U.S. Embassy and copies of my divorce, which I had. For Elena she needed a few items from the NSO, National Statistic Office. She needed new NSO Birth Certificate and a clearance that she is free to marry.

Then as you have read in past posts, Elena had to have a hysterectomy. With the operation and recovery time, we had to put things on hold.

Finally last month we went to the courthouse and filled out the application for our marriage license. Then there is a 10 day wait until the official license is available.

Once we received this, Elena went to the Clerk of the Court to get a date and time for us to be married by a Judge in a civil ceremony. Read More I click here....

2 comments:

Grace said...

Hi, I found your blog through Shy. I just want to say, you got a cool blog here. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting my wedding story on your blog. I have received some visitors to my site from here but my visitors, page views have dropped recently. Maybe people are getting bored with my site. Thans for the help.

US EMBASSY IN MANILA INFORMATION U.S. Embassy Consular Section Non-immigrant Visa Unit 1201 Roxas Boulevard Manila, Philippines 1000 From U.S. Call: 01163-2-523-1145 then ask for extension 8 then ask to speak to someone in the immigrant visa section. U.S. Calls Only Taken Between the hours of 8:00 am to 10:00 am only. From Philippines Call: (02) 528-6300 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm only Fax: (2) 523-1215 "From Philippines" E-Mail: consivmanila@state.gov NBI- nbiwebmaster@nbi.doj.gov.ph tel# 523-82-31 to 38 NBI Building, Taft Avenue, Manila, Philippines * Pinay" needs help..." Domestic Violence I